Followers

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Spring Challenge! SRTC

Hello, I thought I should pop in and let you know I have not given up on crafting, giggle!  Life is so full and wonderful I just have not been in the craft room much and now of course, it needs cleaning before I can get crafty.  Welllllll, I went to a crop and this is the first time eva that I started and finished a canvas or project for that matter.  Yippy Skippy for me!  I used all South Ridge Trading Company chipboard.  Since the first thing I have thought of doing this spring is camping and fishing, I thought it fitting to enter the Spring Challenge at Southern Ridge Trading Company.  Here is the layout, getting ready to get painted and inky!



I added the sun, grass, Sentiment, splotches and dragonfly by using stencils and gesso.


I painted the whole piece with gesso then added yellow gelato to the gesso and painted the sun and rays.


I added blue gelato to the gesso and voila!


I did the same with the rest of the piece by adding brown, green, then added white gelato mixed with water over the lettering.  I rolled cotton gauze, added gesso then cut it to fit for the rope on the fence of the dock, hat band and chair.  I added feathers to to the flies and wire for fishing line.  I added clear crackle to give the dock and water some texture and shine,   I used stickers to add the name above the Gone Fishing sign.  My husband loved it and we plan to put it in the travel trailer.  Thanx for stopping by.


3 comments:

  1. This is such a gorgeous canvas, I love how you have done a tutorial - it really shows how you created the depth. Fantastic use of Southern Ridge chipboard, thanks for joining in the May challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh squeal. This is so fantastic.
    Those are some super awesome chipboard pieces too 😉
    Thanks so much for joining us at SRTC challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, this is totally gorgeous Carla, i love your layout and how it turns out. Beautiful colors and details.
    Thanks so much for joining our Southern Ridge Challenge this time. Hope to see you soon :)
    Good Luck!!

    Hugs, Dunja

    ReplyDelete

Thanx for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...